Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Day 2 1/2

Ahhh Firenze. Its a wonder there are not more deaths on these streets. I have only been here a few days and have seen so many pedestrians, cyclists and vespa riders come very close to getting smashed by the oncoming traffic. One that is awesome is that the smaller the car you have the cooler you are.
Strange things I have encountered so far:
1) American music plays everywhere. I'm currently in an internet cafe that has Beyonce singing (a song from Dreamgirls)
2) the key board I am using has keys I have never seen and the symbols are all in different places
3) I thought that Disneyland had a lot of tourists-- can't top Firenze...
4) There are more Americans roaming around than I expected.
5) the egg yolks are more yellow than i have ever seen... weird, i know.
6) who ever said that it was cheap to log on to the internet here was cheap is very very wrong
7) all trattorias around the center are geared to tourists
8) if you ever plan on moving to Florence, don't do it on a sunday. everything you need that is not outrageously priced is closed.
I love it here. I am living with 2 other girls and the owner of the house and his girlfriend. One girl is from Portugal and is studying Vocal Music in Berlin and the other is a travel agent from Vera Cruz, Mexico. Ana Maria and Erica, respectively. Language school has surprisingly fewer Americans than I expected. A lot of Europeans and a few from Brazil- probably 30 students in the entire school. There are 10 in my absolute beginners class. Wonderful people, i think that I know the least amount of Italian than the entire class, no problem.

It rained today- I am looking forward to seeing the Duomo after the rain. Molto Molto Bella!

Ciao!