Tuesday, September 09, 2008

that is so Italian

I'm enjoying a quiet evening at home, drinking tea, listening to some wonderful new music (Bon Iver-love it) after a full week of birthday celebrations... having fun can sure be exhausting. :)

I'm also reading the latest copy of food and wine magazine and found an article that I had to share a piece of with someone. The article is about Wine Scams- counterfeit, essentially.

"In Tuscany, where Italian authorities found quite a few Brunello producers making their fancy wine with cheap, non-Brunello grapes. You may ask, how did they find it out? The government's fraud-fighting tactics are quintessentially Italian- they began training police-men as undercover sommeliers."

love it. I was in Italy when this broke the news. It was such a big deal. I love the Italians!!