Monday, September 29, 2008

driving

I normally consider myself a pretty good driver, if not a cautious one. Yes, I have been told a few times that I like to drive fast. I can't help it if my car is an awesomely smooth ride and I find myself going faster than I thought.
Last night I, on my way home from friends, got caught speeding. I had been on the hwy approx. 3.8 seconds when I saw the Sheriff's car lurking in the shadows ready to pounce. I had no idea what the speed limit was at the time. I figured it was 55. wrong. 45. I was driving 62. good lord, in a construction zone. He was nice enough not to charge me double for the construction zone. yet it will still cost me an arm and a leg and a couple of points on my driving record.
I asked about driving school or something to help remove the points. he chuckled. I guess I'll take that as a no?!?