Monday, October 25, 2004

Small things add up to a Big Day

Do you ever go through your day and you get to the end of it (of course it always ends up being later than I expected) and think through all of the incredibly small but amazingly powerful things happened to you all in one day?
I did today.
I woke up incredibly early for a Sunday morning and headed my way to C.A. (my church) to serve breakfast to incredible volunteers that dilligently serve the kids in my church, the worship teams and the parking lot volunteers. This ministry and I are good friends. As I worked cutting and washing fruit, putting in and taking things out of the oven, etc etc. I got to talk with the head cook, Molly. This woman, though a little scatter brained, blesses everyone around her. Today I was one of her victims. She loved on me all morning and I can't seem to get her words of encouragement and support out of my head. God is good! Later in the morning the 2nd shift came in, Roxanne. Little did I know she would pick my brain about my story and how I came to be where I am and doing what I'm doing. So obviously we talked about food and how we both feel so strongly about this minstry that happens surrounding it. She worked in the restaurant industry for over 20 years. She thought I had what it takes. . .
Let me rephrase-- she told me I could do it. I guess I needed to hear it from someone other than my dad, other than my friends... I got excited.
I don't know I guess I was just reminded that God does good stuff when you pour your life out for people that He cares about.
Wooh, I am loved by the King. How 'bout that?