Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Culinary professional?

That is the question they keep forcing down our throats. What is it? How will we make it happen? "consider the future options" they keep saying. All these things I've taken into consideration.
By that I mean I've attempted to at least pretend that I know what that means. So, I've started making plans and BIG ones. :) for those of you know that really know me I'm a big dreamer and have all sorts of high hopes and sometimes they can get a little carried away... just ask my mom. She hears about 14 million ideas a year. (thanks mom)
So here are my current plans in the mix:
1) I applied to be a personal chef to the mayor of Denver
2) attempting to start a small catering business with a couple of girls from school (maybe called 3 chicks catering- cheesy I know)
3) possibly moving to FRANCE as soon as this summer to work in a winery/vineyard/restaurant/culinary school. (quite possibly the coolest and most exciting plan yet)
4) looking into super part-time baking at a bakery near my new place (while keeping the s-bucks)
5) Cooking "romantic dinners for two" for friends and their friends for a small price of ~ 50-75 bucks plus ingredient reimbursement
6) planning on talking to Ralph (my wine teacher) to find out how I can put this knowledge that I'm learning and loving into something I can get paid for NOW.

What a crazy life I'm now leading. I'm just praying that one of them happens seriously. (number 5 is really happening for at least one friend and hopefully more!) something wild and exciting will happen, I know it.