Wednesday, February 16, 2005

sleeping patterns

So, I just bought a big bed for myself. Kind of a silly purchase for a single person, I realize. But I've been wanting it for over a year now and have been saving for it for some time. It is wonderful. But I've noticed since it's been put together and I've been sleeping in it that I've been having the strangest dreams.
Dreams by nature are incredibly weird, I think. How on earth does my brain put such strange circumstances together and link them all up? I applied for a job in Colorado last week and a few days ago I had a dream about the whole process.
In my dream I was at the job site Colorado Christian University for an interview. All was going well and then they wanted to see me interact with high school students so I took a monrail, yes like at Disneyland, to the high school. What? a monorail? Yet in my dream it made perfect sense. uh, okay.

I've continued to flip flop on major decisions ahead of me. I keep thinking that I've got plenty of time to decide about going to school or not going to school, what kind of job to look for, moving or not moving, etc etc. But the truth is it's already the 16th of February. Time ticks away faster than I'd like to imagine. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm going loosen my grip on time, money, fear and the future and tighten my grip on Jesus. I think that's the best plan. don't you?