Tuesday, November 08, 2005

friendliness has its perks

So last night I worked at the "bucks" and my friend Stephanie met me for dinner. We have several fast food restaurants in the near vicinity and in this instance I decided on Wendy's. We're patiently waiting in line and this super creepy/drunk-looking/probably on something type man drops a dollar on the floor and Stephanie kindly pointed it out to him that he'd dropped it. Then he looks up at us and says "you guys are such sweet hearts, you're so nice" and then he drops another. I'm sure it was on purpose, but I said "hey sir, you dropped another dollar" and he continues to tell us how wonderful we are and how nice we are. Then he orders and whispers something to the cashier and then walked right out the door.
He paid for our meal. He slapped down 15 bucks and paid for our dinner. Pretty sweet, eh? I didn't even get to thank him. (it's probably better)

I was joking with Stephanie over my meal that it was the best date I'd had in a long time. Free meal without having to deal with the boy. :) of course I was just joking, but I got a good laugh.