Thursday, November 03, 2005

new fav

My new favorite dish (at least for a week or so until I make something else I love) is etouffe. Yummy. It's kind of hard to explain except that it is Cajun goodness with really whatever kind of proteiny thing in it. I made mine with chicken, crawdads and andouille sausage (my current favorite). The key was a hint of lemon juice and fresh oregano. man, so good.

I also made another pumpkin pie tonight. I really can't get enough. my crust was a little too salty (bummer) but the custard was better... I added more ginger. who knew?

Well, that's my food talk for the week. moving on to other things: I got offered a job by Whole Foods Market but I'm turning it down tomorrow. I love Starbucks too much to leave and I just got my benefits. Weird, eh?

I'm going to California next weekend for a whirlwind trip to support my bro in his last year of college activities. plus UCLA football is incredible this season and I'm embarrassed to have missed so many this season due to the move... can't wait to hug my family and friends, watch some great ball AND eat at the Whole Enchilada. Why can't I find good Mexican food here? i guess i'll keep looking.

I also finally decided on a church. Denver Community Church. I feel great about the decision. Thanks Lord for that peace that passes understanding.

Heidi, if you haven't watched Survivor stop reading now...


I'm out of the Survivor pool yet again... and not even before he gets on the jury how embarrassing.