Saturday, January 28, 2006

the latest happenings

I thought that I might be able to blog more this quarter. I was incorrect in my thinking. This quarter has been non-stop for me: LOTS of reading, 2 quizzes a week, 15 page take home tests, and the list could go on. Despite the work and even a little stress I'm really enjoying myself. My chef for my baking class is really good. It's going to be really difficult for me to get an A in this section of the class, but I am finding that it is really fun and worth the effort.
We have our cake, tart and pate a choux (the paste for making cream puffs/eclairs) practical and written exams on Tuesday and Wednesday. My potential thought about doing cakes for a living has definitely diminished. I've discovered that I'm not that great a cake baker... I made, I think, 3 cakes last week and none of them turned out exactly right. Ah well. i guess practice makes better.
Work is going well. I continue to like my job, co-workers and the customers that visit us on a daily basis. Who knew that Starbucks would be such a great job for me?
I've been hanging out with Julie Oldroyd much more frequently and am so blessed by her and her friendship. She's just so great.
Gina, a college roommate of mine, is getting married NEXT WEEKEND and am so excited to make the trip up to South Dakota with my best girls. It should be a blast. And couldn't have been better timed, either. Right after my practical and written final for this section...