Monday, March 24, 2008

rain rain go away

The weather in Florence has been miserable for the past couple of days. They call it "crazy march." That it has been. We have had rain nearly every day this week. Not the pleasant make everything pretty kind of rain, but the soaking, drenching, make my feet wet and wrinkly kind of rain. Blegh.
There is a temporary stop in the misery as I type. The sun is out and I can feel my toes rejoicing at the idea of dry streets. But despite the rain I have been ticking off the last remaining things that I plan to see in the city. I do not know how one person can see every museum, church, site in this place without being totally and completely overwhelmed. I know very very little about Art history so some of it is lost on me, but some, like the museum of San Marco, really moved me. Do not miss it if you are ever in Florence.
I head to Rome on Sat. with my roommate for 4 days. I can hardly believe that I am entering into my last week of school in Florence. Time has really flown. Then After Rome time is my own and plans are unmade. Should be exciting.
I am sure this week will be filled with bitter-sweet moments. I love these people, this city, but mostly my new friends. love love love. (yes, love times 3- I use it too, Jules) But part of me is ready to move on and see some new things.

I am totally missing watching College Ball during march madness.
GO UCLA!
off to enjoy the last minutes of sun before it rains again.